Thursday, August 16, 2012

NYC

My daughter, Lily, and I joined some friends on a long weekend
trip to New York City this past weekend.  
The trip was inspired by the children's love of Cake Boss
and their want to go to Carlos's Bakery in Hoboken, NJ.  

Here are some highlights of our trip...


Times Square our first night.  
We were so happy we didn't lose a child!  


Easter Island Statue at the Museum of Natural History.
Do you remember the scene in "Night At The Musuem" with this statue?


9-11 Memorial. 
Amazing! 


View from the top of the Empire State Building.
A little grainy, but the feel of the city isn't lost. 


My friend, Steph, and her children at the "Today Show."
Steph is a HUGE Matt Lauer fan.
Her kids were just as excited as she was to see Matt.


Every girl should go to Tiffany & Co. at least once in her life.
Ride the elevator!


Eating hotdogs in Central Park.


Statue of Liberty


Carlo's Bakery was the last stop on our trip.
The kids were so stinkin' excited to go here.
They were patient as we waited in the rain for 90 minutes.
I think we all agreed that it was so worth the wait!  

So this is where I have been.
I promise to have some fun crafty projects posted soon.

1 comment:

Cheryl Boglioli said...

It looks like you all had a great time. I'm so happy y'all were able to get away and see The City.